2 St Pauls Avenue
Isle of Wight
Send an Email
Please contact us for our car ferry inclusive holidays. Special Offers only apply to holidays which are booked directly with us.
Visit Britain 4 Star Guest House
- All Rooms En-Suite
- Colour TV in all Rooms
- Evening Meals Available
- Family Rooms
- Ferry Inclusive Breaks
- Guest Lounge
- Hairdryer in all Rooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Open All Year
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
Brooke House is a beautiful Victorian guest house set in the heart of Shanklin. This excellent Isle of Wight holiday accommodation was built towards the end of the nineteenth century and offers a wonderful mix of the period features from that era, combined with the comforts of modern living.
At Brooke House you can choose either bed and breakfast or half board accommodation. All meals are freshly prepared and cooked using an Aga and are served in our very spacious, light and airy dining room. Our guest lounge is the ideal place to relax and browse the wealth of information about Shanklin and the Isle of Wight that we have on offer. Brooke House is ideally located for the Island Line train service and Southern Vectis bus routes which makes exploring the Isle of Wight simple and easy, especially for those travellers who wish to leave their car at home.
Shanklin Esplanade, which is lined with amusements, restaurants and hotels, many offering evening entertainment in the high season, is only a short stroll away. The picturesque Shanklin Old Village, Shanklin Theatre and Shanklin Chine are also all within easy walking distance. For those who enjoy walking and cycling, the cliff path to Sandown and beyond is easily accessible, as is the Undercliff path to Ventnor. There are seven bedrooms, all with en suite shower rooms.
Each bedroom is individually and tastefully decorated to a high standard and all rooms include digital TV with Freeview channels, hospitality tray, hairdryer, radio alarm clock and a guest information folder which contains everything you need to know about your accommodation, plus useful information about the Island. An iron, ironing board and fresh milk are all available on request. The flexible accommodation consists of:
- Ground Floor Double - This room also benefits from a two-seater sofa and fridge. As well as traditional access from inside the guest house, this room also has separate access.
There are a further six rooms, all of which are on the first-floor:
- Twin or Superking - This room offers the flexibility of having twin beds or a superking size bed.
- Triple - This room is ideal for a small group of friends as it has three single beds.
- Family Room - This is a large room with a king size bed and two single beds. A Family Suite - This is a large space with a double room leading through to a second room with two single beds.
Please note: Although smoking is not permitted inside the building, smoking is allowed on the front patio.